Friday, February 29, 2008

Brick Walls

If you haven't seen the video of Randy Paush's "Last Lecture" I urge you to check it out. It is long but it is excellent. The short one is alright but I felt I got much more out of the full lecture.

If you ever run into a brick wall like randy talks about you will know, it will hit you like a ton bricks, your heart may well, the lip start quivering and you really want to hit something. when someone tells you that you can't do something, in their mind it is impossible. Don't let their thoughts limit your abilities. Sometimes our Friends and Family can be our worst enemies, no matter how much you still love them. There are times when you need to go with your instinct and ingore the consensus. Have you ever seen the experiments they have done about how people will fall in line with what the others around them are saying. It is creepy to think that we can all be that gullible. If everybody around you is running in one direction you might want to step back and take a look, You may even want to run the opposite way.

One of my favorite books is Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway, by Susan Jeffers. This goes extensively into how we stop ourselves from doing things, all in our heads, how others stop us and how we believe what others tells us that we can and can't do. It is sometimes disheartening to come to the realization that the ones closest to us can stop us in our tracks, and that our brains don't always work in our favor. I have seen this happen many times in my own life as well as witnessed it happening to others.

"Right is right, even if everyone is against it; and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it."
- William Penn

This is one of the main reasons I tell most of the people I know to not pay attention to MSM(main stream media - for the unknowing). It is propaganda that most of the crowd is going to go for but is more than likely way off base. I must say to this watch what goes into your head it may not be what you thought it was.

I am still working out the kinks of writing this and getting into the swing of this so bear with me. I will go more extensively into many things I touch on in these first few posts once I get more comfortable posting.


JB

0 comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites