Friday, February 29, 2008

Strategy

Is strategy used anymore at all? I have recently gotten in to thinking about strategy, as i have just read Miyamoto Musashi: Book of the Five Rings. I never thought of it much until it hit me one day that I was never a very good strategists myself and thought I should learn something about it.
It seems that more recently though people are giving up on strategic planning and following through on those plans to make them work correctly, they just want to get it done. They figure they will deal with the consequences after they occur, and consequences will occur, often for a very long time to come. Goal planning is a part of strategy but without a goal you can not plan properly how to implement anything.

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them."– Albert Einstein

I take into account my recent start in Tae Kwon Do, I have been practicing this for only a year and am at a blue belt status. This has opened my eyes to many things I have come to believe. More than any, and what is a reoccurring theme is that everything is in your head. I started thinking I couldn’t do very much and that I was out of shape. Now I am in better shape but have gained weight. I lost control of my strategy, I felt that by simply joining Tae Kwon Do I would loose the extra weight I had put on, but I started eating unhealthy and not paying attention to what went in and as a result I need to reformulate the plan again. All this even though I have lost weight in the past doesn’t mean I had the best strategy to keeping it off.

I keep searching for things that can help me change and challenge myself; I have been studying several things for the past few years. I have read several books on psychology, learning, self help and life in general. Some are great others not so, but most of them you can get something out of. I feel that anything you do, anything that has come into your life has done so for a reason. These things guide you to your next step help you down your path. They can open your eyes for new adventures and help to close doors on things you want out of your life. You must recognize this and figure out how to use it, than get out of your way to use it.

"Our greatest battles are with our own minds."- Jameson Frank

Now finally on my opening thoughts, I would like to say that this is a first for me. I am a very quite person, I don’t like to stir the pot but I felt things had to get out of my head and this may help others. I like going off in tangents and finding crazy links to things that I feel sync up. If you can catch on great, we are on the same wavelength. If not don’t get upset at me for loosing track, I will get back to the point eventually pay attention. As I read about the professor who lied to his class to get them to pay attention, people only pay attention if you are interesting and throw them off once in a while.




JB

"Others won't believe in you until you believe in yourself"


0 comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites